Monday, October 12, 2015

MM: Voices Carry

Voices Carry is one of those songs that is a favorite from my childhood, er, rather teenage years.  I added it to my iPod playlist several years without really thinking anything about it other than I loved the song.  Even though I've sung the lyrics for thirty years now (gulp!) they really never hit me with force about what they mean until the other day when I was taking the Caboose to lacrosse practice.

Oh, wow.  Wow, wow, wow.

They spoke to me.  They really spoke because the lyrics are painfully familiar.
I try so hard not to get upset
Because I know all the trouble I'll get
Oh, he tells me tears are something to hide
And something to fear-eh-eh
And I try so hard to keep it inside
So no one can hear 
 [snip]

He wants me, but only part of the time
He wants me, if he can keep me in line

[snip] 
Hush hush, keep it down now, voices carry
Hush hush, keep it down now, voices carry
Hush hush, shut up now, voices carry



How did I miss it?

No comments:

Post a Comment