Monday, December 16, 2013

MM:Mistletoe and Wine

I actually wrote this on SS this week.  Hey, it works here too!

I discovered iTunes Radio a few weeks ago.  Been having fun picking out stations that I like, hearing songs that I haven't thought about for years.  (That actually has influenced a post I plan on writing soon.)

I was listening to a Christmas station today where a bunch of British Christmas songs were played.  They reminded me of a song that I haven't heard for a long time, one that I fell in love with when I first heard it 25 years ago when I was living in northern Germany.

Back then, if I wanted Englisch speaking television or radio I utilized the British Forces Broadcasting Service, which exposed me to music and shows that I wouldn't have heard or seen otherwise.

It was my first Christmas away from home, so far away.  I loved Christmas in Germany.  There wasn't much snow but the Christmas spirit was there.  I had fun finding German ornaments that I still have today.  I actually have good memories from that Christmas.

Anyway, I love the interwebs.  I can find anything or anyone.  I didn't remember the  name of the song so I just googled the artist and "Christmas" and voila....

Mistletoe and Wine.

Okay, so I know it's a little weird that someone that doesn't touch alcohol loves a song that has "wine" in the title.  I know it's a little sappy and weird too.  Those crazy British---it was a number one hit in 1988 in Great Britain (I'm three generations removed from my British ancestors).  I loved it, though.  Still do.

Cliff Richard and Mistletoe and Wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment